Filey's new Ravine toilet block is set to open on June 25th.
The new facility near Coble Landing replaces the previous block that has been recently demolished.
North Yorkshire Council says the new block will be open throughout the year.
A petition had been launched asking for the facilities to also be free of charge, but that wont be happening. Council Officer Stephen Loach, read the council's response at a meeting on Friday.
North Yorkshire Council say the toilets will initially be pay on entry - but that could change when a county wide review of public toilets takes place later in the year.
At a meeting on Friday local councillors were told that new technology does mean the facility can be used through the winter months.
Questions had been raised about the council's policy around fees for public toilets. When local government reorganisation happened at the start of April, Filey moved from being in the Scarborough Borough, which charged for using public toilets, to being in a local constituency area with Malton and Thirsk where public toilets are free to use.
Chair of the Thirsk, Malton and Filey Area Committee - Councillor Nigel Knapton - says for the time being the previous Scarborough Borough Rules still apply to Filey until a full county wide review of public toilets can take place.
The replacement of the Ravine toilets became something of a contentious issue in the town over the last few weeks with concerns that the new facility wouldn't be completed ahead of the summer.
Hunmanby Councillor - Michelle Donohue-Moncrieffe - thinks the new facilities are good news for both local people and visitors and has praised the town council for it's efforts to help resolve the problems.
- RELATED STORIES : Reassurance Over Accessibility of Filey Toilets
- RELATED STORIES : New Toilets for Filey's Coble Landing Within Weeks


Scarborough's Alpamare Waterpark Could Have New Owner by Autumn
Mixed Reactions To Sir Robert Goodwill's Appointment As Yorkshire Bathing Water Partnership Chair
Smiley and Sad Face Speed Signs Set to Remain Banned in North Yorkshire
No Date For Delayed Opening Of Scarborough NHS Diagnostics Centre
Whitby Town Sign Promising Defender Stan Hewitt Following Bridlington Town Departure
New Owner Sought For Scarborough's Alpamare Water Park
No Redundancies Expected As Bridlington Care Unit Staff To Be Redeployed Across Local NHS
North Yorkshire Councillors Urge Mayor To Reconsider Highway Funding Reallocation
Scarborough Athletic Reveal Pre-Season Fixtures As Council Updates On Pitch Repairs
Anglo American Says Woodsmith Project Boosts Regional Economy By Nearly £2 Billion
Scarborough And Whitby MP Welcomes Red Diesel Duty Cut
Two Yorkshire Coast Councillors Appointed As Chair And Vice-Chair Of North Yorkshire Council







Comments
Add a comment