North Yorkshire Police say officers will remain at the Scarborough properties over the weekend.
Searches are continuing at properties in Gatesgarth Close in Scarborough today (30 May) and a police presence will remain at the scene over the weekend until all work at the properties has been completed.
On Monday 26 May, police were called to the sudden death of a 69-year-old man. Officers became concerned as the death followed a similar incident on 21 May when emergency services were called to the sudden death of a 49-year-old man in an adjoining property.
The investigation is continuing to establish the circumstances that led to their deaths and the cause.
North Yorkshire Police say:
"At this time there is no suggestion that there is any risk to the wider community and our enquiries so far have not led to any change in this position.
Our thanks go to local people, in particular the residents of Gatesgarth Close for their patience and understanding while we remain at the scene.
Our thoughts remain with the men’s families who are being supported by specially trained officers at this sad time."
Earlier this week officers said
"it is not known how the men died and both deaths are being treated as unexplained at this time.
As emergency services work to establish the circumstances and the cause of their deaths, and as a precautionary measure, two adjoining properties have been evacuated and the residents are being provided with alternative accommodation.
A scene guard and cordon remain in place while a full search and examination of the scene is carried out along with tests to determine the presence of any environmental factors that may have contributed to their deaths. Tests are also due to be carried out to help determine the cause of their deaths.
North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service and police officers are carrying out a specialist search of the property and members of the public may see officers in full protective clothing and specialist equipment at the scene. This is a precautionary measure until we know more about how the men died.
We do not believe there are any risks to the wider community at this time. The occupants of the homes in close proximity to the deceased’s homes remain in alternative accommodation as a precaution while we work to establish how the men died. "


Scarborough's Alpamare Waterpark Could Have New Owner by Autumn
Mixed Reactions To Sir Robert Goodwill's Appointment As Yorkshire Bathing Water Partnership Chair
Smiley and Sad Face Speed Signs Set to Remain Banned in North Yorkshire
No Date For Delayed Opening Of Scarborough NHS Diagnostics Centre
Whitby Town Sign Promising Defender Stan Hewitt Following Bridlington Town Departure
New Owner Sought For Scarborough's Alpamare Water Park
No Redundancies Expected As Bridlington Care Unit Staff To Be Redeployed Across Local NHS
North Yorkshire Councillors Urge Mayor To Reconsider Highway Funding Reallocation
Scarborough Athletic Reveal Pre-Season Fixtures As Council Updates On Pitch Repairs
Anglo American Says Woodsmith Project Boosts Regional Economy By Nearly £2 Billion
Scarborough And Whitby MP Welcomes Red Diesel Duty Cut
Two Yorkshire Coast Councillors Appointed As Chair And Vice-Chair Of North Yorkshire Council







Comments
Add a comment