Firefighters had several call-outs in Scarborough on Saturday night.
At around 7.15pm, in Eastfield, a crew from Scarborough responded to a report of a small quad bike on fire. Officers extinguished the fire using buckets of water.
Just over half an hour later, on Victoria Parade in Scarborough, crews responded to a report of an alarm activation in a residential property. On arrival, firefighters found that the alarm had sounded due to smoke in the flat caused by food being left on the hob unattended. They ventilated the property and gave the occupant advice.
Then just after 11.15pm on Woodland Avenue in the town, Scarborough crews responded to reports of a fire alarm sounding in a domestic property. They found that the alarm was caused by the hob being left on, they ventilated the property and isolated supply to the oven.
Then around an hour later, on the same road, officers responded to a report of a fire alarm sounding in a domestic premises. This time, the alarm was caused by a pan that had been left on the hob. Crews removed the pan from the hob and ventilated the property due to light smoke logging.