Borough Council Leader says a lack of progress on the site is in part down to COVID.
Scarborough Borough Council is continuing to work with Flamingo Land on proposals for the former Futurist Theatre site.
But The Borough Council's Leader says COVID has slowed down progress.
Updating councillors yesterday Steve Siddons says there has also been interest in the top end of the site and discussions are ongoing.
Councillor Siddons says plans for the redevelopment of Scarborough's North Bay area are also progressing with community consultation expected to take place before the end of February on a first draft of a new masterplan.
Councillor Siddons also told councillors that progress is being made at the Brunswick centre in the town.
In a written update to councillors the leader also outlined the progress being made on other projects in the borough including:
- Outline Design has progressed with RIBA Stage-1 Report submitted.
- In parallel to design development, stakeholder consultations continue along with coordination with Historic England, various developers and other key stakeholders.
- Draft outline business case received and being reviewed.
Demolition of the indoor pool
- Asbestos removal work completed.
- Contractor appointed and ready to commence demolition.
- Demolition commencement awaiting disconnection of electrical supplies by Northern Powergrid.
Filey Skate Park
- Tender documents prepared and competitive tenders being sought.