Care staff employed by North Yorkshire County Council who haven't had both COVID jabs are likely to be redeployed to other roles.
That's the clear message from the Counties Director of Adult and Health Services.
Richard Webb says the number of care staff who aren't double jabbed across all the counties private and council run homes is relatively small.
431 care staff in North Yorkshire have not been double jabbed against COVID. That's out of a total of twenty thousand care staff across the county.
Richard Webb says he feels care home staff should be vaccinated in the same way as doctors are.
Public health bosses have warned the shortage of care workers putting residential homes across North Yorkshire under severe strain could be exacerbated if staff opposed to having the Covid-19 vaccinations do not change their minds.
Richard Webb, said:
“We will see some of that 400 leave the care sector because if they are refusing the jab beyond the middle of November they cannot work in the care sector, it would be illegal for them to do so. That doesn’t help when you have got other pressures on.”
The Government has forecast that up to 40,000 care workers in the country will not be fully vaccinated by November 11.
Earlier this month UNISON called on ministers to stop “sleepwalking into a disaster” and end the no jab, no job rule for care workers.
UNISON general secretary Christina McAnea said:
“Vaccination remains the way out of the pandemic. But coercing and bullying people can never be the right approach.”


Five Figure Donation For New Scarborough Sea Cadets Vessel
Scarborough Athletic Go To Cheshire Looking To Reignite Promotion Push
Review For Scarborough Pride Parking Charges
Whitby Town Trip Postponed
Bridlington Town Battle Blyth Spartans
Yorkshire Coast Rugby Action
Pickering Town Target End To Barren Run
Scarborough Sparkle Returns This Weekend
New Partnership Sees Foodbank Donation Stations at East Riding Council Buildings
Bus Franchising Pilot Coming to North Yorkshire Coast
Scarborough's Rainbow Centre Finds Hidden Room
Scarborough MP "Saddened" as Bingo Hall Closes







Comments
Add a comment