On Air Now

Darren Lethem

6:00pm - 10:00pm

  • 01723 336444

Now Playing

Michael Buble

Don't Blame It On Me

Download

Tui ends sponsorship of Married At First Sight UK and Australia after rape allegations

Tui Group has ended its sponsorship of Married At First Sight (MAFS) UK and its Australian spin-off, after contestants on the show made allegations of rape and sexual assault.

Two women anonymously alleged they were raped by their on-screen husbands when they appeared on the Channel 4 show, and former participant Shona Manderson accused her on-screen partner of sexual misconduct, while speaking in a BBC Panorama documentary.

All three men deny the allegations against them.

In a statement a spokesperson for Tui UK and Ireland said: "Following the broadcast of the Panorama programme and discussion with Channel 4, we have taken the decision to end our sponsorship of Married At First Sight."

The spokesperson confirmed the travel operator had paused its sponsorship of the UK and Australian versions of the show after the accusations featured in the Panorama episode on Monday.

Last month, Channel 4 launched a review into contributor welfare shortly after being contacted by the BBC about the accusations featured in the Panorama episode.

Channel 4's chief executive, Priya Dogra, has said reports the show had been cancelled are "wholly inaccurate" and "no decision has been made" regarding the broadcast of the next series.

New episodes of MAFS UK have been "substantially filmed" and are currently being edited, Channel 4's chief content officer Ian Katz has said.

Read more from Sky News:
NHS staff accessed attack victims data
Record-breaking bank holiday temps

On Wednesday, MPs on the Culture, Media and Sport Committee wrote to Channel 4 and Ofcom about their response to allegations raised in the BBC documentary.

Committee chairwoman Dame Caroline Dinenage called the accusations "horrifying" and added: "Both Channel 4 and Ofcom, as the broadcasting regulator, have urgent questions to answer."

The letter to Channel 4 also asked about its complaints process for contestants on the programme, as well as the steps being taken to ensure the allegations were fully investigated, along with the review announced by the broadcaster.

It also asks the broadcaster about its approach to duty of care to participants on its other reality TV programmes.

On Tuesday, the government said there must be "consequences for criminality or wrongdoing" following the MAFS allegations.

The Metropolitan Police urged potential victims of sexual assault on the TV show to get in touch.

Sky News

(c) Sky News 2026: Tui ends sponsorship of Married At First Sight UK and Australia after rape allegations

Want to See More from This is the Coast?

Click here to set This is the Coast as a preferred source on Google search.

Love living on the Yorkshire Coast? So do we.

This is the Coast is 100% locally owned and operated. We don’t rely on public funding or government grants—we rely on our community.

Producing trusted, fact-checked local news takes time and resources. If you value having a dedicated team of professional journalists fighting for our region, please consider supporting us.

Help keep the Yorkshire Coast informed for the price of a coffee a month.

Support Local Journalism Today

More from Entertainment News

Follow Us

Get Our Apps

Our Apps are now available for iOS, Android and Smart Speakers.

  • Available on the App Store
  • Available on Google Play
  • Just ask Amazon Alexa
  • Available on Roku

Today's Weather

  • Scarborough

    Medium-level cloud

    High: 21°C | Low: 13°C

  • Filey

    Medium-level cloud

    High: 20°C | Low: 13°C

  • Whitby

    Medium-level cloud

    High: 20°C | Low: 14°C

  • Bridlington

    Light rain

    High: 20°C | Low: 13°C

  • Hornsea

    Medium-level cloud

    High: 21°C | Low: 13°C

  • Driffield

    Light rain

    High: 22°C | Low: 12°C

News